Today I started the BeLoved eVotional by Jordan Lee SoulScripts that I happened to stumble upon through an add on instagram. Crazy right? Those adds always seem know what I need in my life whether or not I look into or not. Maybe this one I clicked on because I knew I was drifting from God and I neede moral and sister support to lead me to the right direction. My major resolution and goal this year is to focus on God with accepting no judgment from others, (one of my hardest struggles). Even though BeLoved eVotional is a 14 free day devotional, I decided to subscribe to SoulScripts for the benefit of the doubt and known feeling that this could help me in the long run.
So Day 1 of this eVotional is called Baggage Isn’t Sexy. The first part is called GET OUT: With this I decided to share my experience with my baggage that I carry on my heart each and every day out, the fears, the past hurts, the anxieties.
- that the trauma will happen again
- that my ptsd won’t go away
- that i will never be able to live a normal life
- that i will never be comfortable around a black male again
- past hurts
- sexual trauma
- verbally abusive relationships
- manipulative relationships
- that everyone is judging me
- that everyone thinks i’m lying for attention
- that people leave when they find out my baggage
The scriptures for this day are 2 corinthians 3:17, galatians 5:1 & galatians 5:13-14.
- 2 corinthians 3:17
- “Now the LORD is the Spirit, an where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is freedom.”
- “there is freedom from whatever is holding you back” – Jordan Lee
- galatians 5:1
- “It is for freedom that CHRIST has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”
- “Anything can enslave us – especially fear, regret, doubt, trust issues, and past hurts, youare not slaves to the past or past relationships” – Jordan Lee
- galatians 5:13-14
- “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather serve one another humbly in love. (14) For the entire law is fulfilled in kepping this one command: ‘Love you neight as yourself.'”
- “a powerful reminder that you were called, made and destined to be free and that freedom should be used for God’s glory – to serve, to sacrifice, and to love others as well. it’s hard to love someone if your arms are tied in bondage – let HIM untie them so you can take steps toward faith.” – Jordan Lee
And the final note is to remember : I AM NOT A SLAVE TO THE PAST.