Back at it again with the white vanssss. Just kidding, just another example and way to attack what is really bothering you in chapter 2 – self-esteem in the F*ck Feelings by Michael I. Bennett, MD and Sarah Bennett. This one is called: Fighting the Loser’s Curse (literally my current life). Let’s jump right in!
- What you wish for and can’t have
- ability that doesn’t suck
- friend/lover anytime before you die
- a reason for confidence
- dreams that happen
- to reflect without horror
- What you can aim for and actually achieve
- do best to survive
- act like you like yourself
- stay busy
- do not add to troubles
- change your underwear to change your luck (lol what)
- Here’s how
- “should have” turns to “just can’t” and “could have” turns to “what it is”
- keep track of daily activities that relate to work, health, survival, and nurturing a personal life
- grade yourself daily
- extra points when you treat yourself
- get a pet (i say a cat, or i guess a dog. but fish are cheap)
Dear [me/beloved pet/the ceiling],
I know I lack self confidence, related to my lack of [skills/cash/education/good looks] and inability to [feel more self confident after I see my therapist/take antidepressants/read self help books]. However, I haven’t let it drive me to [insert illegal and/or addictive activity], at least not yet, and I’m still taking care of business. I’m still confident in my ability to ignore how confident I [don’t] feel while I wait for my luck to turn.
Again, I put the whole letter in and bolded what I chose to use haha. These crack me up so much, like I could actually picture myself saying these this to someone, let alone myself.
Stay classy, folks.